Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Scanlations of Shinesman

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bobsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    G'day all. New to the boards here. So far i've only been able to check out one scanlation right now (Yamada Taro) and shall be browsing more soon.

    Anywho, the point to the thread..

    I'm currently looking for any scanlations of the manga Shinesman. The anime is absolutely hilarious and absolutely incomplete. The unresolved ending is kind of annoying and, when I heard there was a manga of it, I immediately began hunting (but to no avail).

    So, here I am, hoping someone here might have a clue as to where I can find translations of the manga (if they exist)

    Any help's appreciated. ^_^

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Reikou Hitakana's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2003
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My god, if anybody tracks this down, my god. It's seriously one of the funniest parody anime I've ever seen [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    -Reikou

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love Shinesman too -- they have the manga at jpqueen.com -- but unfortunately I (obviously) don't have time to translate it... T_T

    side note in case anybody wonders about why Cain is on hold YET again: Haven't had time to finish re-translating that chapter because I've been working 12-16 hours a day trying to get the network documentation entirely rewritten AND a new service documented before the students come back.

    Later guys... nobody be surprised if I'm gone in work-fried zone until sometime in September-ish... @_@

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Reikou Hitakana's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2003
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Risu, how complicated is the dialogue/text in shinesman? If I can find the time I might be able to try if I can get quality scans where I can actually make out all the strokes in the kanji [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    -Reikou

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bobsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wish 'I' could tell ya.

    I've always wanted to go further in the series but the anime is only 2 eps and cuts off with unanswered questions.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member
    Scanlations of Shinesman


    Terra--kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2003
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *squeaks* SHINESMEN! Oh god I love that anime (I've only seen it dubbed) But you gotta love "OH MY GOD! THEY KILLED KARAMUL! YOU BUMSTERS!"

    I just love that... if there's a manga and it can be scanlated that'd be awesome.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Tsubaki-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 1st, 2004
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Shinesman!? I've never seen it but I remember the trailer very well. It was always on the Magic Knight Rayearth tapes. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I've been wanting to see it for about 2 or 3 years.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member bobsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I highly recommend it and ONLY dubbed.

    I'm not a dub/sub nazi but this is one show that can only be watched and enjoyed dubbed. It loses alot of humor in the sub since the VA's seem to be taking it seriously.

    "Sheena, get in the Glowing Green square."

  9. #9
    Inactive Member
    Scanlations of Shinesman


    Terra--kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2003
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's the thing with sub/dub. If an anime is funny, it's more enjoyable dubbed, so that you can get all the humor out of it.

    I normally watch both subs and dubs when I watch anime... there are times when I prefer dub and times when I prefer sub... Sub often wins out though...

    But Shinesman and The Slayers are 2 series I love dubbed.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member bobsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow.

    Been a bit since I've posted here.

    So, anyone found any translations for Shinesmen?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •